Top 10 Home Remedies for Constipation That Work (How To Use Them)
If you are suffering from constipation and do not want to take any medication for it, here are some home remedies you can try. These will not only help you treat it but also regularize your stools. Did you know the causes of constipation?
1. Triphala powder or churna:
This consists of three fruits – amla or Indian gooseberry, haritaki(Chebulic Myrobalan) and vibhitaki (Bellirica Myrobalan). It is a great laxative and helps to regulate digestion and bowel movements.
How to use:
- You can either have one teaspoon with warm water or.
- Mix the powder with honey either before going to bed or early in the morning on an empty stomach.
2. Raisins (kishmish)
They are packed with fibre and act as great natural laxatives. This remedy also works wonders for pregnant women, without the side-effects of medication.
How to use:
- Soak a handful in water overnight.
- Have them first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
3. Guavas (amrood or peru)
They have soluble fibre in the pulp and insoluble fibre content in the seeds . They also help with the mucus production in the anus and with peristalsis (a series of contractions within the intestinal lining that helps the passage of food in the stomach).