Top 10 Home Remedies for Constipation That Work (How To Use Them)
They are not only a great source of vitamin C but also have a large amount of fibre content.
How to use:
- Eating two oranges every day, once in the morning and once in the evening can provide great relief from constipation.
- Eat them without peeling off the white threads for added effect.
10. Seed mixtures:
This is a great source of fibre and can help relieve constipation.This mixture not only provides the necessary fibre content to relieve constipation but it also helps in rejuvenating the intestinal walls.
How to use:
- 2-3 sunflower seeds, a few flaxseeds, til or sesame seeds and almonds ground together to a fine powder can help relieve constipation.
- Have one tablespoon of this mixture every day, for a week.
- You can add it to your salad or cereal every morning.
Diet tips to avoid constipation:
In order to avoid and cure constipation, it is essential that you maintain healthy food habits. Here are a few changes you could make in your diet to cure constipation:
- Avoid foods that contain white flour like maida, white sugar and other processed foods.
- Eat light regular meals, and make sure you eat at least 3-4 hours before you go to bed. Regular meals not only keep constipation at bay.
- Include fruits and vegetables into your daily diet.
- Adding condiments like jeera, haldi and ajwain in your food while cooking it is a great way to help digestion.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water every day. Make sure you have a glass of warm water every morning and before you go to bed.
Constipation is an entirely curable and manageable condition, all you need to do is keep some of these home remedies in mind and you should be well on your way to a happy morning.